Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sods and Odds..

Sods and Odds..

Well, long time between posts here in blog world....
The truth is...well....I didn't really do much in the last week except catch up on housework (and who honestly wants to hear about that?). It's just been a routine week of "get up, get dressed, go to work" ad infinitum. Work has been "retarded" for want of a better word. The project I have been working on gets changed almost daily it seems and i'm never really sure what's going on from day to day. We've almost successfully come to the end of the projected time-line and then the whole thing gets scrapped and re-planned along a totally different route. Plus our "colleague" in the USA sends me emails constantly refuting everything we have accomplished so far in our research and claiming the exact opposite of what we have already reported (and recorded AND witnessed here in Oz). It gotten to the point where I open my email each day and hope that there isn't too many emails there from this guy...because 99% of the time I have no idea what the hell he is on about.

This week on Tuesday I again was called into a "Super Important Meeting" with 2 hours notice given and AGAIN expected to recount the history of civilization from the dawn of time (or rather the scientific equivalent). This is beginning to really annoy me, getting told you are meeting with the companies managing director in 2 hours and "Don't come unprepared!!" really is not pleasant when you are flat out working anyway and have to madly print off half a rain forest of data hoping that the correct stuff will be printed with it. Really gives me the shits when this happens...it's so unfair and I think quite unprofessional.

Today we (me and my trusty Chinese work-a-holic Yi) had our task plan changed twice in the space of 8 hours for the upcoming week. We slaved away at what had to get done then 5 mins before home time Yi's experiment exploded....f%$king brilliant. We decided there was nothing we could do about it then and there and would deal with the fallout in the morning. We're confident that we can save some of it and use it for what it was made for...if we can't ... well, there is a saying you might have heard about excrement and rotating cooling machines and this will adequately describe the consequences.

on a happier note...

Just had basketball tonight and we absolutely smashed the other team for a big win. 40-22. I got 10 points and no fouls because i am just so awesome. Some of my shots tonight were just brilliant...I faded, I pump-faked, I sold dummies and drove the lane.....it almost looked like I had unlimited skills and was unstoppable :) actually pretty close to real life ..

1 more sleep and I'll be going to Adelaide for the weekend too. Always a great feeling to be going back there and I have some pretty good things planned to enjoy myself. This will mainly involve seeing the siblings and parental unit, sleeping, lazing about and well.... more lazing about if I have my way :) I'm pretty sure I can sneak in a monster massage as well if I can find a willing recipient.

Got a funny thing in my email from Christine today at work...it was some Horoscope "personality" generalisation thing, but when I read the one for Pieces (i.e. Me) it said this:

PISCES - The Dreamer (Feb 19 - Mar 20) - Generous, kind, and thoughtful. Very creative and imaginative. May become secretive and vague. Sensitive. Don't like details. Dreamy and unrealistic. Sympathetic and loving. Kind. Unselfish. Good kisser. Beautiful. Great in Bed.
Now really....have they NAILED me there or what?? I can't find a single thing to refute there. Absolutely spot on.

Some others that I noticed seem to describe people I know quite well also.

Take my older Brother for example:

ARIES - The Daredevil (Mar 21 - April 19) Energetic. Adventurous and spontaneous. Confident and enthusiastic.
Fun. Loves a challenge. EXTREMELY impatient. Sometimes selfish. Short fuse. (Easily angered.) Lively, passionate, and sharp wit. Outgoing. Lose interest quickly - easily bored. Egotistical. Courageous and assertive. Tends to be physical and athletic.

I think his wife would say that describes him to a Tee. HAhahahahah NOT.

Or take my Younger Brother:
SCORPIO - The Intense One (Oct 23 - Nov 21)Very energetic. Intelligent.. Can be jealous and/or possessive. Hardworking. Pathetic kisser. Can become obsessive or secretive. Holds grudges. Attractive. Determined. Loves being in long Relationships. Talkative. Excessively Romantic. Can be self-centered at times. Passionate and Emotional.

Again, that would probably be refuted immensely by his Girlfriend..

Seems that the horoscope was only correct about Pieces :)

To be fair, I do know a certain Leo that this fits pretty well to:

LEO - The Boss (July 23 - Aug 22)
Very organized. Need order in their lives - like being in control. Like boundaries. Tend to take over everything. Bossy. Like to help Others. Social and outgoing. Extroverted. Generous, warm-hearted. Sensitive. Creative energy. Full of themselves. Loving. Doing the right thing is important to Leos. Attractive.

Not that I believe any of this tripe really. I always knew my "kind, Sensitive, Unselfish and loving" nature may be genetic. But my awesome kissing, good looks and orgasm inducing mastery in the bedroom is all the result of my own work and dedication and not something I was born with I don't think. It's hard to believe that such expertise can be "learned".... but I am living proof that THESE skills can be attained through dedication and persistence :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So those horoscopes sure were funny... Why did I laugh the loudest at the Leo one? 'Very organized.'???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and then it got better - likes being in control... boundaries... taking over everything... good lord those leos sound like an unlikeable bunch. :P
And I refrain from commenting on anyone else's resemblance to their fictional profile penned from the position of the stars at the time they were born. But I am still laughing...

Michael Field said...

Yeah, I meant a completely different Leo (honest :P). Besides the "Very Organised" bit it could maybe, possibly be you :)